Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What's love got to do with it?

Hello again,

My husband sent me the picture you see below.  Yes, it is a BBQ grill sitting on top of walker.  The person who the walker belongs to was waiting for a bus to take him to the Labor Day BBQ at a friend's/relative's home.   When I first saw the picture, I asked my husband, "Wasn't there anyone at his destination with a car that could bring the man and the BBQ grill to the event?"   My husband's response was, "that's what I want to know."



I know this story could be considered here say.  I don't have all the facts and I'm sure there is much more going on that the small bit that I've been privileged to know, but...... and there is almost always a "but" in these situations,  when people look out for one another, someone isn't left trying to catch a but with a walker and carrying a BBQ grill.

Now it is true that, perhaps none of his friends nor family could have access to the use of a car.  But, where we live, it is highly unlikely.  The gentleman should be commended for working things out on his own.  He wasn't going to let a lack of personal transportation slow him down.  But, I still say a little love from friends and/or family would have gone a long way.

The Apostle Paul wrote in Galatians 5:22 NIV-   But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.   We should all remember to show, love, kindness and goodness, just as Jesus Christ taught.   Only good things are gained by showing one another the love God equips all human beings with.

No comments: